We are just two days away from our Fall Reunion honoring Clair Galloway 33°. It begins this Friday and Saturday with the 4th degree and ends on Saturday evening with the 18th degree. We are balloting on petitions tonight at 5:30 pm if you have any to turn in.
(See below to download a petition,)
In addition to the degree work, our Kitchen Krew will be serving dinner on Friday night and lunch on Saturday. There will be a social hour following the 18th degree at approximately 6:30 pm if you are looking for a chance to meet the new class in a less formal setting.
Another new thing that will take place at our Fall Reunion is the Prince Adept study program. The Des Moines Valley is proud to introduce the Princes Adept Study Group. As the 27° (Knight of the Sun or Prince Adept) teaches the Scottish Rite Mason the nature of symbolism, the Scottish Rite Master Craftsman Program explains many of the symbols, philosophies and lessons of the Scottish Rite.
The group’s purpose is to bring Fraters (Brothers) together in a casual environment to study and learn the material presented in the Master Craftsman Program. The 1st Gathering will be the Saturday, October 18 at 9:00 am in the Consistory Library. Refreshments will be provided. Attire for this first gathering will be the same that you would wear for reunion. All SR Masons are invited to participate. For more information, please contact Frater Kurt Hoffmann via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Shane Harshbarger at the Valley office (515-288-8927).
Additional information you might be interested in regarding the Fall Reunion
The new class members are to meet in the Consistory classroom (3rd Floor) at 4:00 pm for Orientation. They should wear coat and tie on Friday night. They also need to bring their Blue Lodge dues card.
* Friday Night Dinner will be at 5:00 pm in the Tapestry Lounge ($5 each)
* We will formally receive the Clair Galloway Class at 6:00 pm in the Auditorium
* The American Public Parking lot, North of the Scottish Rite will be open at 5:30 pm on Friday and 8:00 am on Saturday.
* Four degrees will take place on Friday night (4th – Secret Master, 5th Perfect Master, 6th Intimate Secretary, and 7th Provost and Judge)
* It is always nice to have people on the sidelines in addition to the cast. Charlie Brinkerhoff 33° is providing free coffee and donuts to anyone who attends the 8th degree on Saturday morning at 8:00 am.
* Saturday Lunch will be in the Tapestry Lounge ($5 each)
The Double Eagle Gala is coming up on November 1st, along with the conclusion of the Fall Reunion. Tickets are $25 each or a table of 8 for $200. Tickets will be on sale at the Reunion or by contacting the office. It is open to anyone and would be a spectacular way to show your friends and family why you are a Scottish Rite Mason.
Should you have any questions or concerns please contact the office at 515-288-8927. The Full Reunion Schedule is here.